About DUI Attorney Richard Lawson
Richard Lawson is a Georgia DUI lawyer with a practice that specializes only in DUI offences. He is a former Prosecutor, Assistant District Attorney, and Assistant Solicitor General. These experiences have allowed him to master both sides of DUI trials. His in depth knowledge of tactics used by the prosecution makes him extraordinarily qualified to build a superior DUI defense for your case.
As an instructor at the Institute for Continuing Legal Education and a certified instructor in the administration of National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) standardized field sobriety tests. As an experienced attorney Richard Lawson has a network of legal professionals dedicated to DUI defense at the ready for your case. In addition, Richard Lawson also continues to develop his skills as a DUI defense lawyer with continuing education courses on the newest developments related to DUI law.
Many attorneys in the phonebook are “general practitioners” and will handle a variety of cases. This makes them less effective when a case is particularly complex. That is not the case when you go to Richard Lawson for help. His past experience makes him an excellent attorney for your DUI case.
Richard Lawson received his law degree from Emory University in Atlanta. He has also published several articles in various trade journals over the past 10 years.
Richard Lawson can help you with your Henry County DUI and provides a free initial review of your charges. After he has reviewed the specifics of your case he can help you make the best decision for your circumstances. You can fill our case evaluation for or call (404)-816-4440 or (770) 641-0100.
Past Speaking Engagements
- Investigations in DUI Cases Georgia Private Investigators Association 2007
- ICLE Institute for Continuing Legal Education 2006
- Investigations in DUI Cases Georgia Private Investigators Association 2004
- DUI Defense Institute for Continuing Legal Education 2004
- Legal Ethics in a DUI Case ICLE Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute 2002
- Cross Examination Defending at DUI Case 2000
Past Awards and Honors
- Investigations in DUI Cases Highlighted Speaker Georgia Association of Private Investigators 2007
- ICLE Speaker- Teaching Lawyers DUI Defense ICLE 2006
- ICLE Teaching Lawyers DUI Defense ICLE 2004
- Instructor Defending a DUI Case Georgia Indigent Defense Council 2000
- NHTSA Standardized Field Sobriety Instructor NHTSA 2000
- Speaker Georgia Indigent Defense Council 2000
- DUI and Vehicular Homicide Course, Prosecuting Attorneys Council of Georgia 1996
- Phi Theta Kappa Award Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society 1990
Visit us on Facebook